Novotel Toronto, North York, 3 Park Home Ave. 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
The ADR Institute of Ontario (ADRIO) is having our Annual General
Meeting on June 8, 2017, at Novotel Toronto, North York, ON. Join us for a full
day of professional development and networking opportunities.
We have planned five exciting
and informative workshops that will center around the discourse of Mental
Health, a topic that is deeply relevant to all areas of the ADR community.
FIVE EXCITING SESSIONS
- Healthy Minds Canada with Katie W. Robinette
- Restoring Balance: How Indigenous Approaches to Conflict Supports Mentally-Well Resolutions with David Noganosh and Alicia Kuin
- Transforming Polarized Thinking with Betty Pries
- Keynote: Susan E. Opler, Toronto Ombudsman
- Mental Health, Unconscious Bias, and ADR with Suzanne Sherkin
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- ADR professionals
- Human resources professionals
- Government employees
- Business/team leaders
- Union representatives
- Mental health professionals
Members $190.00* | Non-members $220.00*
Includes breakfast, lunch, 2 breaks and all five exciting sessions!
Keynote: Susan E. Opler, Toronto Ombudsman
Bio: Susan E. Opler, B.A. McGill University (1982) and LL.B. University of Toronto (1985), was called to the Bar of Ontario in 1987. She practised litigation as an associate and later as a partner at McCarthy Tétrault and worked for a year as an Assistant Crown Attorney while on leave from the firm. Ms. Opler is a trained and experienced mediator, who has used mediation throughout her legal career. Most recently, her mediation skills played a critical role in a significant reduction in the number of hearing days at the Law Society Tribunal.
Ms. Opler is an adjudicator, Vice Chair and Senior Lawyer Member on the Consent and Capacity Board (CCB). She served for many years as a lead instructor with the Society of Ontario Adjudicators and Regulators (SOAR) and Osgoode Professional Development (OPD).
Since 2013, she has been serving as an appointed adjudicator member of the Law Society Tribunal and sits on both the Hearings and Appeal divisions. She sat on the Board of Directors of the University of Toronto Schools and as a member of the Research Ethics Board of The Hospital for Sick Children. In 2014 Ms. Opler received the Laura Legge Award, from the Law Society of Upper Canada, which recognizes “a woman lawyer in Ontario who has exemplified leadership within the profession."
Sessions and speakers are subject to change.
* +HST on all rates. ADRIO members must register before 12:00 AM on April 15th to receive the early bird rate. CANCELLATION POLICY: If you are unable to attend, your registration is fully transferable to another person in your organization. If you must cancel, notice must be received in writing. All refund requests received on or prior to May 26, 2017 will receive a refund less a 20% administrative fee; those received on or before June 2, 2017 will receive a refund less 50%. No refunds after June 2, 2017.