Once you have received your email confirmation of payment, please forward to [email protected] to receive instructions on how to access the recording.
RECORDING - Arbitration Series - Session 3
Uses and Abuses of Arbitration: Uber and Beyond
Recorded on August 14, 2020 - 90 minutes
TO PURCHASE THIS RECORDING, PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION BELOW. You will receive information on how to access the recording within one week.
Chair: Michael Schafler, BA, LL.B, Q.Arb, Dentons Canada LLP
Jonathan Eades, Senior Legal Counsel, BC Ministry of Attorney General;
Alyssa King, JD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Queen’s University;
Marg Wadell, LLB, LLM, Partner/ Class Actions, Commercial Litigation Waddell Phillips
• The decision of the Supreme Court of Canada in Uber v Heller
• Unconscionability as a defence to stay applications
• Has arbitration become a tool to limit access to justice and defeat legal rights
• Is competence-competence a benefit or barrier to arbitration, in relation to uneconomic claims
• In the wake of the decision of the SCC can arbitration ever be a ground for resisting a class action where certification criteria are met
CPD accreditation received to date (pending from other Law Societies across Canada):
• Law Society of British Columbia: 1.5 hours
• Law Society of New Brunswick: 1.5 hours
• Law Society of Saskatchewan: 1.5 hours
ADRIC CEE points: 3
Members: $35 plus applicable taxes
Non-Members: $50 plus applicable taxes
ADRIC Members: "Sign in" to this page with your Member Portal login credentials.
Non-Members: If you already have an account with us, use your regular login credentials. If you are new to us, click "Create an account" - you will be asked to create a password, and enter your email address. Please be sure to include your province for the system to auto-calculate the applicable taxes.