Once you have received your email confirmation of payment, please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive instructions on how to access the recording.
RECORDING - Arbitration Series - Session 4
Cross Canada Arbitration Checkup
Recorded on August 20, 2020 - 90 minutes
TO PURCHASE THIS RECORDING, PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION BELOW. You will receive information on how to access the recording within one week.
Chair: Megan Keenberg, C.S, B.A, LL.B, LL.M (ADR), Van Kralingen & Keenberg LLP
Alison FitzGerald, BA, BCL, LL.B Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP - Ottawa
David Gruber, BSc, JD, LLM, Bennett Jones LLP - Vancouver
John B. Martens, BA, LL.B, MLT Aikins - Winnipeg
Daniel J. McDonald, QC, B.Sc, LL.B, Burnet, Duckworth & Palmer LLP – Calgary
Gregory M. Smith, QC, BA, B.Ed, M.Ed, LL.B, Curtis Dawe Lawyers
Laurence Ste-Marie, BA, LL.B, JD, Woods Litigation LLP - Montreal
• Preference of arbitration over litigation
• Availability of qualified (non-conflicted) arbitrators
• Effectiveness of arbitration procedures being employed vs litigation procedures
• Typical length of arbitration vs court litigation
• Attitude of the courts
• Quality of court intervention and support
• Adequacy of legislation
CPD accreditation received to date (pending from other Law Societies across Canada):
• Law Society of British Columbia: 1.5 hours
• Law Society of New Brunswick: 1.5 hours
• Law Society of Saskatchewan: 1.5 hours
ADRIC CEE points: 3
Members: $35 plus applicable taxes
Non-Members: $50 plus applicable taxes
ADRIC Members: "Sign in" to this page with your Member Portal login credentials.
Non-Members: If you already have an account with us, use your regular login credentials. If you are new to us, click "Create an account" - you will be asked to create a password, and enter your email address. Please be sure to include your province for the system to auto-calculate the applicable taxes.